World Food Programme (WFP)
Vacancy Announcement No: RBN/007/2016
IT Operations Officer
Grade: Service Contract, SC8 (G8 equivalent)
Duty Station: WFP Regional Bureau for East & Central Africa, Nairobi
Salary: As per UN Service Contract Salary Bands
This vacancy is open to both male and female candidates.
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill the position of IT Operations Officer, in support of the SCOPE Service Support (SSS) team based in Nairobi.
The SCOPE Services team has two key services:
a) Pre and Post implementation SCOPE Support and
b) Training to support the implementation of SCOPE globally across all WFP country offices.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Regional IT officer, with a technical reporting line to the SCOPE Service Support Manager, the IT Operations Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide dedicated executive assistant support;
- Receive incidents and service requests through phone, email or any other medium and log them as tickets in the Incident Management System. To assign the priority to the tickets based on Urgency and Impact of the issue;
- Provide in-country direct support during go-live operations including but not limited to on-site or remote training;
- Manage the resolution of problems, participate in knowledgebase design, participate in development of work-around and presentation on the known errors;
- Provide application management services to countries where it related to relevant master data, user management and intervention setup activities;
- Monitor the implementation of policies, procedures and standards of SCOPE and make the necessary corrections where necessary; participate in change advisory board;
- Identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimized, through training, user awareness, changes in configuration etc.;
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex IT problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions for remote users as needed;
- Troubleshoot the issues by remote connection to user’s machine under different environments. To troubleshoot, interpret problems and provide technical support for hardware, software, and systems. To analyze problems by using manual or automated diagnostic programs, and resolve recurring technical difficulties;
- Carry-out Configuration Management to track Configuration Items (CIs) and the dependencies between them, such as but not limited to SCOPE computers, software tools and utilities, POS terminals, and other SCOPE devices;
- Communicate with clients and follow-up on all open and pending tickets. Log issues and escalate tickets to various technical groups where necessary;
- Maintain a very high level of FCR (First Contact Resolution Rate). To regularly develop troubleshooting flowcharts, utilization and contribution to knowledge management resources to achieve faster resolution and higher FCR;
- Provide end user training on SCOPE and or service desk tool;
- Work closely with problem owners, SME’s and other stakeholders to identify problem scope and escalate where necessary. Create statistical reports and performing analysis for areas of responsibility;
- Perform-to-end incident management. Responsible for time-critical service restoration and technical troubleshooting within Scope. Working with clients, internal RMT teams and third party data providers throughout the service restoration process;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
Education: Advanced university degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/course.
Experience: At least one year postgraduate professional responsible work experience in Information Technology or related field.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of staff
- Good in documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal, inter-cultural competencies and team player.
- IT: Proficiency in using office application software; and efficiency in using communication applications.
- ITIL Foundation Certification desirable
- Full understanding of ITIL principles and processes
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is essential.
Desirable skills: Working knowledge of other UN official languages. Training and/or experience working with Incident management system, and experience working with Cash Based Transfer (CBT) technology platforms or solutions e.g. WFP’s SCOPE, World Vision LMMS etc.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications ONLY, according to the following procedures:
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/16-0021171
Step 1: Create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline for applications: 26 May 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have any queries relating to this VA please send them to: email@example.com
WFP does not charge fees at any stage during the recruitment process.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.