Emali Dedicated Children Agency (EDCA) is a Community Organization working with ChildFund towards helping the Deprived; Excluded and Vulnerable children have the capacity to improve their lives and the opportunity to become young adults, parent and leaders who bring lasting and positive change in their communities.
Position: Accounts / Administrative Assistant – Accounts & Administration Department
- Support management of Petty Cash Transactions & Petty Cash Floats in consultation with AFAO.
- Issuing Cash Payments/Petty Cash Management.
- Checking and ensuring that all Project Cash Expenditures are appropriately approved.
- Payments processing –Raise payment vouchers& ensure they are properly coded.
- Perform reconciliations on Accounts payables and other receivables.
- Ensure statutory deductions are reconciled and paid on time.
- Withhold tax processing.
- Spool documents during annual audits.
- File all vouchers, deposit slips and all financial documents.
- Support procurement processes e.g outsourcing quotes, analysis of the Comparative Bid Analysis & Issuing of LPOs to right vendors.
- Ensure cheques are issued to the right suppliers & maintain an updated cheque
- listing & outgoing cheque log book for ease of access to Information and bank
- Ensure timely payment of all office bills e.g electricity, Internet & Water Bills.
- Receiving, Reviewing & Ensuring all Documentations are attached to the LPOs before payment is raised.
- Receive all correspondences of the organization and fill them sequentially.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor.
- A Degree in Bachelor of Commerce / Business Administration or any other related Business field.
- Any Professional accountancy course CPA 2 or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- At least one year experience in a similar role preferably in a CBO/NGO setting.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Committed team player who is result oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willing and ability to work under minimal supervision in rural areas and have passion working with children &community.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Interested and qualified candidates may submit their letters of application, updated Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages) with daytime contacts, a list of three (3) referees including their email and phone contacts stating your current and expected salary to:
Emali Dedicated Programme
P.O. Box 249
Deadline for applications is 30th June 2016.