Department: Somalia Program
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the position of a Program Coordinator for Somalia Programmes
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of all projects for ACTED in Somalia in a timely, accountable and quality manner.
- Technical line management of the program officer of ACTED at field level and be the focal point for Implementing Partners
- Directly coordinate with the other departments
- Represent ACTED in diverse national and regional fora and promote the organization’s institutional relationships effectively.
- Responsible for overall coordination of Somalia program team in absence of the Area Coordinator
- Be the driving force in all elements of planning and delivery of Somalia programme activities.
- Ensuring that the work plans are done on time
- Ensuring that all the objectives of the project are fulfilled.
- Monitor the development of current programs (progress, suitability and effectiveness) and suggest modifications to Area Coordinator
- Responsible liaison with local partners, communities and other stakeholders, and providing oversight on behalf of the Country Director.
- Propose and Harmonize ACTED tools for program in Somalia
- Ensure that local communities are closely involved in project implementation and that the relationship between ACTED and local communities remains harmonious, together with field managers and Are Coordinator
- Plan, draft, update and communicate work-plans with all relevant departments
- Ensure that all necessary information of program is provided to Logistics and Finance in a timely fashion.
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Provide fair, timely and accurate analysis of progress and report problems during weekly internal meetings;
- Together with Area Coordinator, set objectives and specific and general indicators in order to assess and monitor the impact of the programs and to reshape them if necessary
- Ensure qualitative input from Program Officers as requested for other reports and documents
- Participate in the elaboration of the program report.
- To ensure that project files are completed and regularly updated with periodic reporting and monitoring information and any other communication that is required.
- Collect technical information and analyze associated opportunities and risks for programs in the area of operation
- Ensure and approve quality and adherence to guidelines and due dates set in any contractual documents (proposal, intermediate and final reports…)Conduct field visits as often as possible, at least bi-monthly, to accessible locations to support the teams on site, pre-empting problems and listening to the teams
- Identify relevant technical authorities/partners, and propose formal partnership and/or contracts
- Monitor and support capacity development of partner and field implementing teams (training plans, capacity assessments)
- Provide support and information to AME team during their reviews;
- Discuss AME findings and work to take adequate corrective measures to improve the quality of activities based on findings discussed
- Draft memos in coordination with AME team detailing lessons learned and best practices identified during the project;
- Technical line management of the Program Officers to ensure that program activities are met in a timely, effective and accountable manner.
- Follow-up on program team related recruitments, trainings and capacity building.
• Follow-up recruitment needs and HR situation;
• Undertake regular programmatic capacity assessments of partners.
Support staff security:
- Active element of the ACTED Security Team in Somalia especially focusing on projects implementation.
- Responsible for the day to day communications with our suppliers and vendors in Somalia.
- Participate in meetings and ensure visibility amongst local authorities and aid actors.
- Represent ACTED in donor meetings, present on behalf of ACTED
- Attend relevant trainings.
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social science or other relevant discipline
- Extensive project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in emergency and/or development programmes
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation
- Must be fluent in written and spoken Somali
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 17, 2016 with the subject line clearly indicating the position you are applying for.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.