Africa Plantation Capital is looking to hire for its operations in Kenya:
1. Head Agronomist
2. Junior Agronomist
The Agronomist will be based in Kilifi or Malindi and working within the framework of a Bamboo Plantation project, the incumbent will be responsible for the following as his/her primary duties:
- Regular field checks;
- Insect, weed & disease monitoring / diagnostics;
- oil moisture status monitoring and Irrigation and land preparation and planting scheduling;
- Chemical, fertilizer & seed recommendations
- Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations;
- Crop budgeting & planning
- Provide personal consultation with Africa Plantation Capital clients as needed
- Other duties as necessary.
Qualification and experience:
- Diploma in agriculture with emphasis on agronomy or dry land agriculture or its equivalent from a recognized institution with 5 years of on Job related experience; (head agronomist) or 1 year of on Job related experience (junior agronomist).
- Any previous work experience with bamboo plantations would be an advantage but not necessary.
- Good written and oral command of English and Kiswahili
- Good knowledge of IT skills especially MS Office Suite such as Excel, Word, and Database management; Email and Internet
- Ability to work under pressure and to follow strict deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to work under very harsh conditions
Africa Plantation Capital, member of APC Group is offering a unique package for the candidates and the opportunity to join one of the world’s leading plantation management companies.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a reference of Head or Junior Agronomist and a photograph.