African Digital Schools Initiative Project Coordinators
About GESCI and ADSI: The Global E-Schools and Communities Initiative (GESCI), is a non-profit organisation founded by the United Nations ICT Taskforce (www.gesci.org).
The African Digital Schools Initiative (ADSI) is one of its programmes. It is a 5-year initiative funded by the MasterCard Foundation that seeks to transform secondary schools into digital schools of distinction.
It is designed to build 21st century learner skills and teachers’ innovative practice in response to needs of the market place and emerging knowledge economies and societies.
ADSI targets for Kenya are: 20 school support teams, 80 secondary schools, 800 teachers and approximately 40,000 students
Position summary: GESCI wishes to hire Project Coordinators (PCs) for ADSI, Kenya who will: be based in Kiambu, Taita Taveta, Narok and Siaya Counties; oversee project implementation; work directly with the school leadership, SBCs and teachers.
They will report to the Country Project Manager.
- Training, supporting and guiding SBCs on project reviews and monitoring;
- Supporting School Leaders to develop ICT Integration Plans;
- Contributing to overall project objectives and deliverables;
- Escalating issues to the project manager for policy recommendations;
- Updating county project teacher databases;
- Monitoring project implementation;
- Facilitating online chats and discussions with teachers;
- Reporting on project progress, challenges and opportunities and
- Participating in national, regional, school-based meetings, workshops and conferences.
- A Bachelors /Master’s degree in Education/ICT in Education/related field;
- Training in supporting teacher professional development, monitoring and reporting; and
- Training in administrative requirements (reconciliation, requests, approvals).
- Candidates should have a minimum of 8+ years effective, teaching/training experience at secondary school level;
- 5+ years ‘direct teacher professional development support;
- Proven track record in transforming education towards ICT based teaching, learning and quality improvement;
- Analytical, basic research skills and report writing experience;
- Knowledge and experience in education at County level;
- Online tutoring experience;
- Development of Chats and Discussion reports;
- Use of Skype and WhatsApp, dropbox, mahara, yammer, google calendar, times task participants’ database;
- And have excellent teacher professional development skills;
- Ability to work at the County/ local secondary school levels;
- Ability to follow through with teachers and ensure effective transfer of what is learned;
- Strong communication and interpersonal, planning, scheduling, managing and reporting skills.
Submit a CV, proof of credentials, names of referees and a cover letter to
Programme Manager ADSI,
by 22nd June 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.