Are you passionate about piloting innovative ways to bringing out of school children back to school in Kenya?
Aga Khan Foundation East Africa (AKF EA) is inviting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Project Coordinator for a project focused on providing quality education for out of school children in Kenya’s informal settlements.
This position will report to the Regional Education Programme Manager and will be based in Nairobi (with travel to Mombasa and Lamu).
The overall objective of this position is to lead in the project management, including ensuring quality assurance and adherence to donor reporting and compliance.
AKF EA works in collaboration with partners to develop and promote innovative solutions that contribute to improving the quality of life in East Africa.
Focusing on Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania, AKF responds to local and regional priorities by developing effective programming, measuring and documenting results, and sharing its lessons with governments, donors, and development actors to influence policy and practice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise and provides necessary technical support to project staff
- Complete monthly and quarterly reports according to the donors’ requirements
- Enhance collaboration between AKF and other relevant partners at national and county levels
- Coordinate the implementation of training programs and outreach activities
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Education preferred, but Bachelor’s degree-holders with a strong working background in this field will be considered
- At least five years’ experience working in project implementation, monitoring & evaluation, reporting and budgetary management
- Candidates with direct working experience with marginalized/disadvantaged children
- Experience in training, facilitation and mentoring a diverse team of staff
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, CV and names and contact information of three professional referees by 17th June, 2016 with “Project Coordinator” in the subject line addressed to the
Regional Human Resources Officer,
Aga Khan Foundation (East Africa)
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network