Aga Khan Foundation (East Africa)
Grants Management Officer (Education)
Are you committed to supporting education opportunities for the children of East Africa?
Do you have the innovation, drive and experience required to provide support to education programmes?
The Aga Khan Foundation (East Africa) is seeking a dynamic and qualified Grants Management Officer (Education) to oversee education project implementation in East Africa.
The AKF education programme in East Africa concentrates on increasing the quality of basic education and early childhood development in formal and non-formal settings.
The focus is on increasing access, retention and learning achievement for disadvantaged groups, and to improve the sustainability of quality education through strengthening government systems, institutions and indigenous civil society organisations.
The Grants Management Officer (Education) is a key member of the regional education team.
The Officer reports to the Regional Education Programme Manager.
S/he will be responsible for providing project management support to AKF education programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee education programme grants in the sector including direct line management of project staff and resources, and responsibility for ensuring efficient, effective and high-quality implementation of education projects;
- Ensure timely and high quality narrative and financial reports and adherence to donor grant conditions;
- Participate in, organize, and/or lead capacity building and training for AKF education projects and partner staff to improve overall understanding of donor requirements;
- Oversee activity realignment of program activities and budget utilisation with donor requirements in consultation with the Regional Education Programme Manager;
- Provide support in identifying potential funding for education programmes and participate/lead in the development of new proposals;
- Document lessons learnt including drafting policy briefs for wider dissemination, and ensure these lessons are embedded into implementation strategies for ongoing and future projects;
- Ensure delivery of high quality communications materials in consultation with AKF Communication Officer for external audiences;
- Act as an internal resource for grant and donor related issues in close consultation with AKF finance team;
- Provide other support as may be deemed from time to time by the Regional Education Program Manager.
Required Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
- University degree in education, international development or a related field (Master’s degree preferred, but Bachelor’s degree-holders with a strong working background in this field will be considered);
- At least five years’ experience working in programme implementation, monitoring & evaluation, reporting and budgetary management;
- Candidates with direct working experience in education programmes, teaching or school management preferred;
- Experience mentoring a diverse team of staff in remote locations;
- Experience in participating in or leading the development of successful donor proposals;
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, CV and names and contact information of three professional referees by Wednesday, 15th June, 2016 with “Grants Management Officer (Education)” in the subject line addressed to the
Regional Human Resources Director,
Aga Khan Foundation (East Africa)
by e-mail to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org).