Aga Khan Foundation (East Africa)
Regional Policy and Partnerships Manager
Are you passionate about developing innovative and high impact partnerships in East Africa?
AKFEA is in an expansion period and inviting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Regional Policy & Partnerships Manager, to be based in Nairobi.
This position will report to the Policy and Partnership Director.
The overall objective of this position is to lead AKF’s resource mobilisation efforts and to contribute to strategic communications.
The Manager will support a team of technical specialists in designing and communicating their programmes, while cultivating a network of external partners for AKF.
AKF EA works in collaboration with partners to develop and promote innovative solutions that contribute to improving the quality of life in East Africa.
Focusing on Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania, AKF responds to local and regional priorities by developing effective programming, measuring and documenting results, and sharing its lessons with governments, donors, and development actors to influence policy and practice.
Specifically, the Regional Policy & Partnerships Manager will be responsible for:
- Analysing AKF’s organizational priorities, targets, thematic and geographic focus and providing strategic insight on how to secure funding to achieve these goals
- Leading on the submitting high quality proposals for competitive and unrestricted funding opportunities with a diverse range of institutional, corporate and philanthropic donors and foundations
- Working closely with the Program Team, devise programme model concepts within a multi-sectoral portfolio, traveling to Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania as necessary
- Highlighting AKF’s work by representing the organization at donor meetings, networking events and other stakeholder fora
- Line management of staff within the Policy and Partnership team
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of securing large competitive and unsolicited funding from institutional donors.
- Must posses exceptional communications and interpersonal skills and experience in hands on management, leadership and mentoring staff, with a willingness to visit programmes in the field.
- Must have excellent writing skills and ability to organize large amounts of complex data.
- Minimum of Five years experience and a master’s degree or equivalent in International Development or other relevant fields.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, a CV and the names and contact details of three professional referees by 18th June 2016, to the
Regional Human Resources Director,
Aga Khan Foundation (East Africa),
via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network