LIS Technical Assistance Position
The Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL) through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Division of Global HIV/AIDS and TB Program (DGHT) is supporting the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
APHL is supporting the National Public Health Laboratories (NPHL) in implementation of laboratory information management systems.
The scope of position encompasses ICT technical assistance with APHL supported information systems including Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) installed at the National Reference Laboratories, County reference laboratories and sub county facilities.
The consultant reports to APHL LIS technical consultant.
- Support development of laboratory user requirements for LIS and other information systems used by laboratories in the public sector.
- Monitor the performance of the systems in collaboration with MOH ICT staff and troubleshoot operational issues for corrective action
- Document all user requests and challenges, Investigate, determine possible solutions and implement them.
- Prepare technical and end-user manuals to assist the technical and the end-users in operating the system
- Design and deliver a training curriculum for all systems users.
- Manage and supervise scheduled preventive maintenance and other infrastructural contracts with both hardware and software vendors.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related fields.
- Education and experience in a clinical diagnostic laboratory will be added advantage
- Previous work on electronic medical record (EMR) is an advantage
- At least 3 years related work experience.
- Demonstrate programming skills for standard desktop applications as well as web applications.
- Demonstrate experience in using one or more – MS SQL, My SQL, and PostgreSQL Databases.
- Knowledge in database architecture and design including web design, development and maintenance.
- Experience with data integration and development of standards is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills
- Flexible attitude, organized, good documentation skills, reliable
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
All interested parties should send their application and updated CV to LISProposal@aphl.org.
Applications are due no later than 30 June, 2016.