The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international, non-profit, non-governmental organization that conducts high quality and policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of M&E frameworks to align to the Center’s strategic plan;
- Conduct baseline to collect data on key indicators to measure success and impact of the Center’s programs;
- Coordinate finalization of annual and five year implementation plans to align to the strategic plan;
- Ensure the implementation of Projects Management System;
- Contribute to the design of and assist in managing program assessments and evaluations and promote a culture of evidence-based decision making and effective communication of program results to different stakeholders;
- Provide M&E technical assistance to research programs such as reviewing M&E methods, conducting relevant trainings , designing M&E tools, and ensuring quality control of M&E outputs;
- Routinely collating M & E data for major programs and reporting on progress to funders
- Lead activities related the documentation and dissemination of Center’s best practices;
- Participate in the design, writing, and review of project proposals, including incorporation of monitoring and evaluation components in project proposals;
- Participate in the evaluation of new partners using the Center’s partner-assessment guideline;
- Participate in the assessment and documentation of the Center’s policy influence
- Participate in external monitoring and impact evaluation of programs and initiatives in Africa.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, statistics, demography, or any other relevant field;
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience designing and implementing M&E systems for international donor-funded programs;
- Experience in: Impact and performance evaluations; Assessments and feasibility studies; Cost effectiveness analysis; Monitoring plans, strategies and indicators; M&E-related policies and programs; Technical training on M&E skills, tools and methods;
- Experience in capacity building to undertake measurement and evaluation of research programs in developing countries;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) with a wide range and level of audience;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral);
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as ability to work in a culturally diverse team.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal http://hrs.aphrc.org by 17 June 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi