Duma works is recruiting an Assistant Chef for one of our esteemed clients: a leading boutique hotel in Kenya.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Coordinate and supervise work of kitchen staff.
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
- Bake breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
- Prepare relishes and hors d’oeuvres.
- Keep records and accounts.
- Plan and price menu items.
- At least two years of experience in a similar role.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2195”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2195, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th June 2016
N.B. When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.