Summary: Our client is a fully owned Investment Bank subsidiary of a Bank. It was launched in 2009 after the Directors resolved to establish as an Investment Bank that would support the ever growing advisory and funding needs of Corporates and SMEs.
Mergers & Acquisitions, Equities & Debt Transactions
- Spearhead al M&A, Equities and Debt related opportunities and engagements including origination
- Train direct reports to get them to the same level of competency in the subject including financial modelling
- Increase Profitability of the IB through expansion of M&A and Equities & Debt Product Division
- Grow business by introducing new clients and potential collaboration partners (PE Funds, Investment Banks, DFIs, etc.).
- Manage relationships with existing clients to ensure client satisfaction and repeat business.
- Positively and broadly market Investment Bank.
- Monitor competition and market and advise the Investment Bank on how to position itself in order to achieve its business and financial objectives.
- Increase profitability through deal pipeline growth and expedient deal execution
- Bring ideas to the table that will lead to establishment of new business lines within the IB.
- Be fully involved in the research and financial modeling functions which are both critical in client/potential client engaging, updating and briefing
- Increase Profitability of IB through expansion of its business units including dealing, corporate advisory and capital raising.
- Create strategies towards regional growth.
- Counsel, motivate and increase good working environment for all staff to enhance individual performance and productivity.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to direct reports
- Identify development and training needs and develop plans to satisfy areas identified.
- Ensure delegated duties and tasks are completed in the most expedient and professional manner.
- Build team spirit and morale.
- Providing vision, direction and leadership to his/her market and team.
- Advice and implement operational plans and procedures to enhance and improve efficiency in IB operations.
- Implement the IB’s business strategies and policies to ensure achievement of both business and financial targets.
- Actively participate and support all initiatives introduced within the IB to enhance overall performance of the company.
- Prepare reports and do analysis for research to identify any potential market entry points.
- Master’s Degree in a business relation field e.g. MBA
- CFA or CPA(K)
- 5 years’ working experience in an Investment Banking environment, with sound exposure to Mergers & Acquisition and Fixed Income Products
- Management level experience
- Valuation & Financial Modeling: Knowledge of financial modeling and various valuation methodologies. Also to be well versed with Investment Banking operations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations: Well round knowledge of all the Bank’s operations and processes and excellent knowledge of Bank policies and procedures. Also to be well versed with Investment Banking operations, policies and procedures.
- Risk Management: Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by developing appropriate Risk Management Policies for the Investment Bank.
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and principles and pay great attention to detail.
- Technology Skills: Knowledge of various Investment Banking applications and spreadsheets as well as knowledge of performing competent research.
- Fixed Income Securities: Knowledge of fixed income securities and on various pricing methodologies that will inform trading in such securities.
- Compliance and Regulatory Framework: Top notch understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirement as provided by CMA, NSE, IRA, RBA etc.
- Results and Achievement Oriented: Strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, being judged on performance standards and those of others he leads.
- Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair, just but firm with himself, and of high integrity
- Negotiation Skills: Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behavior and work practices but always Win/Win.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Well developed oral and report-writing skills, ability to work with, lead and build motivational teams.
- Human Resources Management Skills: Leadership Skills, Team Building and ability to train, develop and mentor staff.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by sending your application to: email@example.com
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only