Bandari Sacco Society Ltd, the leading Sacco in the Coastal region with a nation-wide membership has adopted a new strategy to strengthen its market leadership and position herself for optimization of efficiencies and delivery of superior returns to members.
Part of this strategy is the attraction and retention of the best talent to drive the strategy.
To this end, the Board wishes to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced individual within the Sacco leadership team and welcome all applications in the following position:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer / CEO
Job Reference: CEO/1/2016
Reports to: Board of Directors
Job Summary: To provide day-to-day leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure efficient and effective implementation of SACCO strategic plan.
In addition, he/she is expected to give guidance to the Board of Directors on various policy matters as well as manage the staff in a competent and business manner order to achieve the SACCO objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the implementation of the SACCO strategic & Business plan
- Responsible for the SACCOs investments and management of balanced investment portfolio
- Responsible for the management, development & maintenance of high performance team by providing transformative leadership & effective supervision, guidance and initiating training of staff members under his/her jurisdiction
- Responsible for the SACCOs financial & operational planning, forecasting and budgeting and be able to conceptualize and explain variances
- Responsible for prudent management of costs so as to achieve business growth as outlined in the strategic plan
- Responsible for supporting board decision making through preparation, analysis & presentation of comprehensive, timely, reliable and compliant financial reports
- Ensure effective implementation of financial, operational & accounting policies and procedures
- Cause to prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly reports on performance of the entire SACCO Key Result Areas [KRA] to the board and advise accordingly
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements of the SACCO & be able to propose changes to the Board such as SACCO ACT, Rules , By-laws, SASRA ACT, Cooperative rules.
- Cause to develop and provide high quality products and efficient services which are value-adding to clients so as to enhance market share and revenue command of the SACCO.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors by organizing all Board and Sub Committee meetings, Annual and Special General Meetings and Supervisory meetings as and when required
- Build and develop high and motivated team of employees through embedding performance development and couching through identification of staff training needs and enshrine them in the training and education programs of the society.
- Develop and operate a financial services network of branches based on assessment from relevant officials – on quality member service, innovative savings and loan products and introduction of new business opportunities
- Promote the SACCO corporate image by representing the society in a professional manner at all times
- Attend and participate in Board meetings, seminars and conferences at all levels to keep informed of the developments affecting the SACCO movement and business environment in general.
- Support the Board of Directors in developing a 5 year Strategic Plan upon which other SACCO plans will be hinged to drive the vision and mission of the SACCO business into the future.
- Implement, without delay, all recommendations from government regulatory bodies, BOD, internal and external audit reports and consultants based on agreements arrived at with BOD.
- Cause to ensure correctness of books of accounts, receipts and disbursements are maintained.
- Ensure safe custody of all funds, documents and property belonging to the SACCO and ensure their safe keeping.
- Keep minutes of all general meetings and meetings of the Board of Directors
- Prepare, approve, authorize and sign all official correspondence of the SACCO.
- Formulation and implementation of all growth strategies.
- Perform such other duties as he may be directed to perform by the Board of Directors.
The incumbent will be required to possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor of Commerce [Finance option] or Bachelors in Business Administration or Advanced Diploma in Cooperative Management or recognized equivalent.
- MBA in Business related areas will be an added advantage
- CPA [K], Qualifications in SACCO operations, Micro-Finance, Entrepreneurship or any other relevant field would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience at Managerial level in Co-operatives or Micro Finance.
- Computer literate [MS-Word/Excel]
- Be in the age bracket of 35 – 50 years
- Good administrative and public relations skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Very strong in written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Good Command of the English and Kiswahili Language.
- Honest, approachable, team player, Intelligible and Resourceful.
- Has unquestionable integrity and strong leadership skills
- Holds a Certificate of Good conduct
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied by copies of certificates, National ID, names and contacts of three referees, testimonials indicating the current remuneration and expected salary by e-mail to BSCrecruit2016@gmail.com or email@example.com quoting the job reference as the subject matter e.g. “CEO/1/2016” by 24th June 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Bandari Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.