Position: Book Keeper
Reports to: Accountant
Deadline: 8th June 2016
Start Date: 1st July 2016
As a Book keeper, the responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Reviewing payment requests for compliance with Busara’s Finance policies and procedures.
- Verifying imprest returns for posting and zeroing out purposes.
- Carrying out bank reconciliations.
- Ensuring proper filling of Busara’s transactions, supporting documents and financial records.
- Remitting of statutory payments; PAYE, NSSF, NHIF and HELB, NITA, etc.
- Reviewing and posting entries on the accounting software
- Filling in on any additional roles in the event of the Accountant’s absence
- Supporting Busara staff to comply and understand the finance policies.
- Analysis of internal records for use of Busara resources for project billing purposes, e.g Cab Vouchers, Motor vehicle logs and Airtime Usage forms.
- Any other duties that maybe assigned.
- Diploma/degree in Accounts/Finance from a recognized institution
- Excellent command of accounting principles
- Over 1 years’ experience in accounting or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of Accounting software and Microsoft Office Packages
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a team
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Be of high integrity
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with an NGO
- Experience with popular accounting and bookkeeping software
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that the subject line reads: “Bookkeeper: REF NO: BU-2016-06-03”.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.