Provide Key insights as requested as well as proactively looking at opportunities and process / productivity improvements across the business.
The individual will also ensure that CII standards, documents and process are adhered to across the Corporate Office and the East Africa region/business units for consistency and that all work is always created for the greater business, communicated and shared.
This person must be capable of fulfilling an adhoc advisory/consulting role to the business in order to maximize key business areas.
Key Outputs include:
- Lead Analytics Capability in the Corporate Office and/or East Africa region/business units
- Manage customer expectations in terms of delivery and communication
- Communicate analytics results by constructing a storyline that can be easily understood across the business
- Mentoring of Data Insights Analysts
- Be able to concisely convey business requirements to the Information Analyst team and sign-off and UAT the final delivery to the customer
- Design and own best practice and methodology for campaign measurement, post campaign analysis and business casing of new initiatives
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify relationships in high-dimensional data
- Work closely with CII divisions on data management initiatives to drive collection and validation of required data to enable analytics
- Build dashboards and reports that can effectively translate data into insights
- Establish rapport with key stakeholders at theCorporate Office and/or East Africaregion/business units to demonstrate value of analytics
- Working with external intelligence providers, marketing, research, to extract relevant data for marketing decision-making
- Benchmarking and tracking success metrics to show return on investment
- Work collaboratively and build relationships with external clients and internal management across the organization
- Ensure exposure and usage of new Information sources for the Regions and Countries
- Promote self-service for Corporate Office and/or East Africaregion/business units
(Personal capabilities which are critical to the production of quality outputs)
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS, and/or equivalent work related experience.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a Management Support role function
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in Analytics and being able to portray a worthy storyline from the analyzed data and information to management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing direct reports
- The person should have at least 3 years’ experience in Telecom/FMCG.
- Cross functional exposure in other Business areas like Finance
- Strong statistical knowledge and analytical rigor to ensure accuracy and relevance of data.
- Very strong PowerPoint Skills
- Very strong Excel Skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders and prioritize projects
- Extensive knowledge in Business Analytics and the presentation thereof
- Has a good understanding of Technology and BI techniques.
- Excellent communication, presentation & influencing skills
- Ability to Provide insights and defend findings convincingly
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills including facilitation of groups toward deliverables
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to build and maintain vast network of professional relationships
- Stakeholder management
- Strong business acumen
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Strong management and leadership skills with a proactive management style