Job Title: Business Development Manager, Government Business
Job Code: BDMGB/TSK/160530
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Head of Business Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Summary: Responsible for developing new business opportunities which have the potential to drive growth and profitability and to manage the end to end sales process within the Government vertical market.
This will include business development within a predefined territory and then working on agreed, named projects, to manage the complete sales process
- Articulating the Company Government value proposition and building it’s evolving reputation
- Identifying and prioritizing target accounts after considering the market, political environment, business model, and other key factors
- Achieving target sales goals including overall revenue, number of accounts, and total end users; as well as maintaining a robust pipeline
- Help build morale between team members and promote team work while maintaining a competitive environment
- Sharing customer insights with product leadership to better address user requirements
- Becoming the single point of contact for your customers and making yourself accessible in order to assure a great experience.
- Analyzing the market to effectively identify potential clients
- Building timely, strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with Marketing and develop an in depth knowledge of the government vertical’s customers and consumers
- Develop and maintain with marketing, a deep understanding of our government vertical asset base, current technologies and technology trends as they relate to the vertical, and leverage knowledge into the accelerated development of new platforms and opportunities
- Monitor external factors (mergers/acquisitions, market conditions, corporate organizations) and liaise with Marketing to measure impact on long-range business plans
- Communicate and present to leaders at all levels, up to and including Senior Managements, both internally well as with external customers
- Develop and manage relationships with key government market influencers, providing both business and technical input to position the company favorably in the global market
1. Client relationship management and customer service
- Develop customer retention strategies
- Solicit customer feedback regularly from the clients and give recommendations for improvement of service delivery.
- Develop strong ties with key customers and accounts and be proactive in understanding the trends and issues likely to impact the market
2. Competitor Analysis
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports on the trends and information for decision making.
- Keep up to date with recent market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
- Develop delivery strategies to counter competition.
3. Market Research
- Collate all information on Market and technology research from all the clients.
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends.
- Researches new ways to improve delivery-performance, deliver service, problem solving, and reduce costs and response time for users.
4. Performs other job-related duties as necessary that may be added/ modified from time to-time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree and Over 6 years’ experience in Business Development and IT Sales.
- Team Leadership experience is key
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by sending your application to: email@example.com
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only