Business Development & Marketing Executive
Role Overview: The Business Development Executive (BDE) is responsible for generating leads and supporting business revenue for the Institute.
Working as part of a dedicated sales team, the BDE will have his/her own prospect portfolio focused on specific business sectors.
He/she will be responsible for developing a sales contact plan, building strategic proposals, and pitching to VIP clients.
Tasks / Responsibilities
- Maximizing audience awareness and income for the institute by responding to and following up sales enquiries by post, telephone, email and personal visits
- Digital marketing tasks within the department: Website update(s), VIP Facebook page daily updates & enquiries – Nairobi, online advertising (advert placements), online SMS internal database texts (Visioninst1), VIP twitter handle & VIP Youtube accounts, creating advert templates, and/or graphic designs and modification for media placements
- Maintaining positive relationships with all to help achieve business development targets
- Assisting in managing specific marketing campaigns and promotional activities from conception, on-site implementation, through to completion
- Carrying out marketing research, competitor and customer surveys
- Daily newspaper(local dailies) review and provision of press report
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential students/clients to prospect for new business
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Acting as a contact between the Institute and its existing and potential markets
- Gathering market and customer information
- Representing the Institute at trade exhibitions, and events
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with approved fee structures
- Attending team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues.
- Other reasonable tasks & duties at the request of the Business Development & Marketing manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Selection
- Commitment and passion for sales & marketing.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience in sales and marketing, with high-value customers involving individual liaison, account management or similar one-on-one high value sales or fundraising skills.
- Demonstrated achievement of targets in a sales or business role.
- Superior written and oral communications skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills with demonstrated attention to detail applicable to documentation, information recording planning and reporting.
- Highly advanced emotional competence with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, including effective listening, tact, and confidence in dealing with sales & marketing.
- Demonstrated success in working effectively as part of a team with a diverse range of people including colleagues, volunteers and representatives of other organizations.
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with personal computers including email, word processing, spreadsheets and databases / customer relationship management software.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing option), Diploma in Sales & Marketing or other related Marketing/Business Development related course.
- Thorough knowledge of 80/20 Rule in Marketing, Customer Segmentation, Marketing Communications, Brand positioning &Social Media Marketing
- Minimum 6 months experience working in educational training in the areas of sales, marketing, customer service
Salary Scale: Gross Salary of 30,000 to 40,000/=
Application deadline is 10th of July 2016.
Apply via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org