Our client is looking for of a Business Excellence Manager – Material Handling reporting directly to the Regional Customer Service and Distribution Manager.
Purpose of the job: You will ensure that physical logistics best practices are observed on safety, quality and performance objectives in the management, handling, storage and transportation of materials in the distribution centers and warehouses.
Key Responsibilities will be to;
- Correctly setting and monitoring achievement of the target values for service and costs KPIs,
- Ensuring a sustainable distribution network is defined,
- Monitoring and managing safety, health and environment, quality and CARE regulations and best practices,
- Solving adequately any occurring logistics issues
- Ensuring proper management of labour resources in the material handling,
- Ensuring legal obligations are met or exceeded, Adopting continuous excellence and best practices.
- Drive cost saving initiatives to improve performance and cost of the warehouse operation.
- Ensure the correct construction, control and management of the budget for warehousing (cost budget for warehousing and possible investment requirements).
- Influence Distribution Management and Customer Service in order to continuously improve service and cost.
- Assist Value Stream Design which will identify areas of improvement as well as support and help the in continuous excellence by ensuring that a continuous improvement culture is developed and sustained.
- Responsible for continuous excellence implementation and deployment of solutions to support current and new best practices, processes and systems for operations.
The ideal candidate should possess the following minimum skills and competencies;
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university;
- Minimum 5 years of experience, of which he/she must have worked across two areas of supply chain including customer service or warehouse management;
- Experience in project management such as warehouse design;
- Good understanding of the end-to-end order to cash process;
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills;
- Ability to thrive in a network organization.
How to Apply