Job Code / Req#: BEK-2016-P001
Job Category: Analyst
Department / Group: Business Solutions
Position Type: Full-Time
About Us: The company, a Technology solutions provider, was founded with the aim to be the eminent SME’s Solutions partner in Eastern Africa, through the provision of great open source software at an affordable price to our clients.
You must keep pace with a rapid change in the environment, system performance and be on constant vigil looking for emerging issues.
You will help create and maintain detailed technical documents to facilitate production support activities.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Implement, integrate, configure and support business applications and database infrastructure upon which the business, its partners and its clients rely on within agreed standards.
- The role is not purely technical as it also requires an appreciation of business analysis, as it will involve a high level of interaction with staff and systems across the business including our key business partners and clients. As an analyst this role is responsible for identifying, implementing and promoting better ways of using business systems.
- The main applications requiring implementation and support are customised solutions that will require reconfiguration of the applications to meet requirements as well as develop/maintain custom interfaces to ensure end-to-end system capability.
- Implement new business application software, capturing end user requirements and configuring, testing and integrating as necessary;
- Implement new releases of existing business application software, capturing end user requirements and configuring, testing and integrating as necessary;
- Provide 1st line support for key business applications;
- Produce specifications of business requirements to a level that enables effective delivery of agreed changes;
- Produce specifications and designs for information systems and their components to meet defined business needs, retaining compatibility with enterprise and solution architectures;
- Specify, design and maintain mechanisms for storage and access to both structured and unstructured data, in support of business information needs;
- Design, create, test and document new and amended SQL, packages and programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards;
- Develop, implement and report the findings of suitable test schedules to measure and improve the quality of technology solutions being deployed, to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified;
- Integrate and test components and/or subsystems and their interfaces in order to create operational services;
- Transfer application knowledge and associated documentation to users;
- Facilitate productive relationships with and between key stakeholders, during the Planning management and implementation of business change;
- Provide application configuration and maintenance on the company business facing systems, by becoming an expert on the use of all aspects of these systems;
- Deliver support to existing business users and investigating and resolving application errors, data discrepancies and queries;
- Work with the Business Partners in identifying and proposing application system changes, better uses, enhancements and developments and liaising with any appropriate vendors, users and the IT Management Team;
- Support in the investigation and modelling of business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques; (ii) investigate operational requirements and problems, contributing to improvements; (iii) specify information flows, processes/procedures that will meet the business requirements;
- Document work, take part in user meetings and assist in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing; and
- Assist in defining acceptance tests for new or changed automated systems.
- Business analysis techniques – familiar with techniques that help in modelling and understanding a business and its operation. Examples: functional business process models, and operating procedures;
- Ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Innovative and original thinking required for finding solutions to business problems
- Willingness to work independently on own initiative, and as part of a small team
- Excellent standard of written and oral communication
- Knowledge of web programming languages (Python, PHP, SQL, Java) and PostgreSQL/MySQL databases and development methodologies will be required;
- Application systems – experience of recording and solving application support issues from customers, prioritising requests, implementing and communicating timely solutions, both in database and web environments
- Operating Environments – familiar with Microsoft Windows Server & AWS
- Operating support infrastructure – familiar with General IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, messaging, local area networks, voice etc.);
- Ability to evaluate and analyze existing applications and identify deficiencies
- Ability to research for compatibility between hardware, software, and network communications
- Ability to monitor, test, analyze and troubleshoot systems
- Ability to train users in the use of the applications
- Excellent prioritization, organizational and time management skills
- Understanding of business process reengineering and business modelling concepts, business systems development and analysis
- Experience in documenting requirements and technical specifications
- Influence and negotiation skills
- Proven experience designing and implementing systems, monitoring and health checks
- Working and facilitating technical bridges and guiding problems to resolution
- Knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and tools
- Able to make trusted and unbiased judgments even under controversial circumstances
- Proven analysis, data management and reporting skills
- Proficiency understanding Java or Wintel based application components (e.g. Servlets, JSP, others)
- Experience working in a web-based environment, including strong understanding of typical 3 tier architecture and infrastructure setups
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Support/Maintenance of an Internet environment including web based applications
- IT experience with background in application development, business analysis, complex quality assurance or equivalent technical production support experience
- Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) production support best practices
- Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
NOTE: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews