Invitation for Competitive Tender
Livelihoods Recovery and Resilience Program Baseline Survey
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is a nonprofit international relief and development organization serving more than 80 million people in over 100 countries in five continents.
CRS and its partners were awarded a three year Livelihoods Recovery and Resilience Program (LRRP) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) OFDA, FFP and South Soudan mission offices.
The LRRP will promote community and household resilience and recovery of vulnerable and conflict affected populations in the Eastern Lakes, Boma and Jonglei States in South Sudan.
The LRRP specifically targets conflict-affected and vulnerable, rural communities and the IDPs in Bor and Duk counties in Jonglei State, Pibor county in Boma State and Awerial County in Eastern Lakes States.
CRS intends to engage the services of a consulting firm to conduct a population level baseline survey.
The overall purpose of the baseline survey is two-fold;
i) to collect baseline data for quantitative impact and outcome level program indicators to serve as a point of comparison of the final evaluation results, and
ii) inform program targeting and, where possible, program design and has the following specific objectives:
a) Determine the baseline values for all household level impact and outcome level performance indicators in the targeted program locations; and
b) Establish annual and life of program targets for the household level impact and outcome level performance indicators in the targeted program locations as applicable;
c) Provide baseline benchmarks to determine the level of change in household level impact and outcome performance indictors at the final evaluation survey
Consultant Firm Qualifications
- Must be a team of professionals with strong and proven quantitative data collection and analytical, with one individual clearly identified as the team leader
- The team leader and any key consultants must be holders of at least a Master’s degree qualification in agriculture, food security studies, social sciences, development studies or statistics, with no less than 5 years of proven experience of research in food security, market systems and or health, including WASH.
- Must have demonstrated experience in coordinating data collection in large scale household level quantitative surveys.
- Experience in conducting research in South Sudan or for USAID FFP/FtF and or OFDA programs is highly desirable
- Must have good team leadership, time and resource management skills under a complex operating environment.
- Good command of English language and excellent quantitative data analysis and report writing skills
The detailed scope of work can be obtained upon request from SouthsudanPRs@crs.org.
Complete bid to offer the consulting service entitled “LRRP Baseline Survey Consultancy” must be returned to the same email not later than 1200 hours, 12 March 2016 and must contain the following;
i. A technical proposal to demonstrate the team’s ability to carry out this assignment, with a detailed implementation plan with dates
ii. A financial proposal in MS Excel which describes the budget that you require to complete the assignment on time with specified quality
iii. Copies of at least one and not more than two research assignments conducted by the team or its key members within the last three years
CRS is not obliged to accept the lowest bid, or any bid and reserves the right to cancel all or part of this bid without any notification, or to reject any offer and bid that does not meet the minimum criteria as stipulated in the tender document.