Position: Accountant – CDL Uganda
This position is open to Kenyans living in Uganda or in Kenya.
Purpose: To provide financial information to the Management by researching and analyzing Accounting data and preparing Reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare Asset, Liability and Capital Account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Comply with local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Accounting CPA (K)
- 4-5 years overall experience ( 2 years in Uganda)
- Corporate Finance,
- Reporting Skills,
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Data Entry Management
- Decision maker; quick thinker.
email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org