Our Client is a Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) Gold Standard Project Developer and is seeking to recruit CDM Project Officers to be based in Kiambu County.
Reports to: Executive Director
Role Objective: The Project Developer is trading in premium carbon credits which are bought from farmers and sold to carbon credits markets.
The source of carbon credits is renewable energy.
The CDM project officer will be required to aggressively market among rural households in Kiambu County.
The activity of the Project Developer is to increase the uptake of the renewable energy that will consequently increase the carbon credits.
- Inform and convince rural households in Kiambu County on the advantages of converting waste to energy, to generate renewable energy for rural kitchens and earn carbon credits from the venture.
- Work closely with Micro Finance Institutions that fund the farmers to generate renewable energy. Assist with funding applications where necessary.
- A Degree in Social Sciences, Biochemistry, Environmental Conservation, Natural Resource Management, Agriculture will be an added advantage.
- Certificate of good conduct
- At least 2 years of work experience
- Work experience with a Micro-Finance Institution is also advantageous
- The incumbent should be able to converse in the local language
- Should be willing to live and work in Kiambu County. Preference will be given to those already living in Kiambu County.
- An innovative and passionate individual with the ability to communicate and relate well with rural households
- Must be able to work without supervision
- A committed, enthusiastic and honest individual with good work ethics
- An individual with excellent listening skills and ability to identify opportunities
Interested and qualified applicants willing to work and live and Kiambu County should send their detailed CV with 3 professional referees and a cover letter indicating their current and expected salary to email@example.com by Friday 24th June 2016
Clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.