Chemonics International Inc., a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 25 years of experience in Kenya, seeks multiple technical specialists for the anticipated USAID – funded Kenya HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA).
These projects aim to improve and increase access and utilization of quality health services through strengthened service delivery and institutional capacity of county health systems.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work.
Experience in Kenya and English fluency are required.
We are seeking technical specialists in the following areas:
- Clinical services and quality improvement
- Health systems strengthening
- Health supply chain management
- Human resources for health
- Organizational and human capacity development
- Private health sector engagement
- Gender and youth
- Social behavior change communication
- Community engagement, mobilization, and linkages
- Finance and operations management
- Monitoring and evaluation
Scopes of work may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical input to project implementation to achieve targets in health outcome goals
- Ensuring all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate for the local context
- Writing and contributing towards reports and other deliverables
- Liaising with the government of Kenya, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Collaboratively implementing a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum 3-8 years of relevant development experience designing, implementing, and managing USAID or other donor-funded development programs
- Significant experience in key areas listed above with proven ability to achieve program targets
- Strong ability and desire to work collaboratively with the government of Kenya, international donors and local partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate technologies
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management, and knowledge sharing
- Demonstrated interest in building capacity of local partners
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please submit cover letter and CV to ChemonicsKenyaHealth@gmail.com.
Please include the name of the position in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.