Job Title: Chief Commercial Officer
The purpose of the role would be assisting within all aspects of commercial activities including; tender management, marketing activities, local procurement, sales support and commercial reporting.
The commercial Manager is preferably from a multi-national / global logistics company who can turn around new and successful business opportunities in General Freight forwarding and Logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and direct all Sales and Business Development in line with the company strategy to expand their services within the Eastern Africa region
- Offer competitive products & services to the market through efficient operations, smart pricing policies and innovative operations – you will develop clear processes and policies to achieve industry best practice in service delivery
- Actively develop client relationships at a senior level and be responsible for delivering services that meet the market requirements and offering smart solutions to secure new business
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the sales and marketing team; train and motivate staff; develop appropriate succession plans.
- Manage all commercial department resources to ensure optimum utilization
- Promote ocean / air freight services and total logistics solutions to current and potential customer through planning and executing sales activities
- Maintain long term relationship with customers and explore business potential
- Co-operate with regional offices and overseas agents in sales solicitation
- Creating sales pipeline and monitor monthly sales performance
- Directing sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values
- Participating in local and global logistics bids, creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP/RFQ responses
- Participating in Monthly Business Review Meetings with key clients
- Produce the weekly sales statistics reports
- Telesales to potential new clients
- Generate reports from the CRM
- Previous experience within a similar role within the freight forwarding industry
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Able to prioritize workload
- 8 years’ sales and marketing experience in ocean / air freight forwarding business
- Possess extensive relationship network in the industry
- Aggressive, independent and self-motivated
- Excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills
Email cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th June 2016.
Successful candidates will be contacted.