Our client is a leading clearing and forwarding Company based in Nairobi.
- Ensure timely payment of all statutory returns such as PAYE, VAT etc.
preparation of the monthly payroll, relevant statutory returns and
explain any variations in payroll from one month to the other.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to determine accurately the company’s gross profit performance (cost analysis) for each site.
- Post all monthly transfers to the sites and ascertain their usage is supported by necessary documents.
supplier’s invoices, assign correct codes, batch them and post them
into the system after they are reviewed by the Finance Manager.
- Posting of LPOs on the accounting software.
- Record all transfers received by the company through the bank.
- Accurately update the cash book and prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare daily cash position and weekly highlight report
- Liaise with operations and sites for accounting of fuel usage weekly for the purpose of payment
- File finance related documents and accounting records to ensure easy tracing.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of cost per item of all regular expense items.
- Follow up on suppliers to provide invoices and monthly statements.
outstanding accounts within the credit terms agreed with the supplier
and ensure that all supporting documents are attached.
- Review and query petty cash payments from the sites
petty cash vouchers for proper authorization and acknowledgment of cash
by recipients and ensure proper posting of the same.
- Ensure filing of copies of all documents supporting payments into relevant files
obtain new tax guidelines for each year from the Income Tax Department
or whenever tax changes are announced to ensure that deductions are
correct and are paid in a timely manner at all times
- Oversee proper recording of debtors and creditors and ensure the reconciliation of their balances
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to prepare budget for the sites & review any variances.
- Provide necessary information/documents required by auditors from time to time.
capital expenditure forms for approval to acquire fixed assets as per
procedure and keep an updated list of all company assets.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time
- CPA (K)
- Excellent command of the English language(both spoken and Written)
- Good command of the Swahili Language
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in Accounts
- Experience in the clearing and forwarding industry will be an added advantage
- Good Accounting knowledge.
- Knowledge of Oracle is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus / orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High on entrepreneurial spirit
- Work independently & with a Team
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience
send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject
(Accountant – Clearing and Forwarding) to
firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 24th June, 2016.
Or visit our website www.virtualrecruitment.co.ke
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.