Community Development Assistant
Animal Welfare for Public Health (AWAPH) is a community based organization (CBO) with its head office in Kisumu County.
Its vision is a community where animal welfare is safeguarded and animals and man are free from zoonosis.
Job summary: The Community Development Assistant (CDA) is the leading voice for AWAPH projects in the community.
He/ she will be expected to participate in the design and implementation of mobilization strategies and to work with the community and assist to find innovative solutions that help improve animal welfare in their locality.
The CDA offers a range of specialist information and practical support to animal owners.
- Diploma in Social Work, Community Development or related specialization from an institution accredited by the Ministry of Education in Kenya
- Demonstrate previous experience in community organization or related work in community-based projects.
- Must have a competence in and current driver’s and/ motor-cycle rider’s licence
- Fluency in languages including English and Kalenjin
- Must work well in a team and independently
- Must be willing to work outside regular work hours when needed
- Must be efficient at multi-tasking, field work and report writing.
- Must possess interest and enthusiasm for community work
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake duties as directed / requested by the Project manager to support the delivery and implementation of distinct projects packages;
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Constantly report on progress of the project to the program team
- Present reports to defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Handle requests for information and data by the project and program officers
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries by program management
- Schedule and coordinate community meetings, trainings, follow-ups and appointments
- Prepare agendas for community meetings and prepare schedules
- Minute taking at community meetings
- Ability to ride a motor cycle to meetings and field sites
- Have responsibility for one’s own health and safety in accordance with AWAPH safety policy
Terms of Employment: A one (1) year renewable contracts as per the organisation’s scheme with a probation period for the first three (3) months of employment.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education level, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
The salary scheme is based on guidelines.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Application deadline: June 30, 2016