Contract Payroll Accountants
Kes 50,000 gross
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the accuracy of payrolls by auditing departmental pay authorizations and verifying deductions from wages. Manages the payment of wages and salaries via the accounting system and prepares periodic payroll reports.
- Reviews payrolls for compliance with the Company budget, personnel policies and wage and withholding laws including KRA regulations for reporting and withholding, Kenyan Labour Law requirements related to payroll practices and recordkeeping.
- Maintains personnel and pay records for Company employees to ensure accurate integration of such records with the payroll and benefit systems.
- Administers and interprets all policies and procedures for enforcement of provisions of the NHIF and NSSF statutory bodies.
- Prepares analyses for the Head of Finance & HR Management regarding current revenues and expenditures and estimated future requirements.
- Utilizes the IT provisions to maintain, retrieve and program data for analyses and reports.
- Maintains awareness of current rules and regulations pertinent to payroll, retirement and benefits and ensures the timeliness and accuracy of payroll, insurance premiums and claim payments.
- Recommends changes in payroll policies and procedures.
- Monitors changes in laws and regulations pertaining to payroll which require Company policy changes and notifies the Administrator
- Maintains frequent contact with department heads, programming staff and State agencies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) with a major in Accounting
- At least 2 years of practical government or business experience in payroll, accounting, employee benefits, financial or statistical records
- Preference will be given to those who are currently payroll accountants
How to Apply: