Credit Bank is an established commercial bank and is rapidly growing its branches so as to grow the network.
To support our growth strategy, we are looking for a dynamic, proactive professional with strong credential and relevant work experience to fill the position below:
Enterprise Operations Risk Manager
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance, the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of the Bank’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework, with a specific focus on risk analysis on processes, people and systems including external events.
- Updating the Operational Risk Policy to ensure that the policy reflect best practice.
- Aggregating and analyzing risk events reported by the business units into the Basel 111 categories.
- Performing root cause analyses on identified risk events to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future.
- Assisting the Principal Risk Owners and Principal Risk Coordinators with the identification of key risk indicators in their business units.
- Coordinating and testing of the business continuity of the bank
- Custodian and implementer of training programs on KYC and AML to staff
- Monitoring the implementation of action plans to address medium and red key risks on the risk and control self-assessments/risk registers reported on monthly/quarterly assessment
- Preparing scheduled reports to the Risk Management committee, Board Risk Committee, Executive Management Team and Board Executive committee
- Utilizing mathematical and statistical knowledge to assist with the building of risk models and stress test modes in support of Operational Risk Management.
- Developing operation risk champions in all business units
- Implementing operation risk controls & measures to ensure regulatory compliance such as FATCA, UAFA, PGS etc.
Qualification and experience requirement:
- A university degree in a related field. Masters degree will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional certification
- Minimum of 5 years in banking of which 3 must be in operation risk or risk function
- Sound knowledge in central bank and other regulatory guidelines
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly Analytical & conceptual
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work well across diverse groups
- Strong mentor, tutor, coach of operational staff team
- Good negotiation Skills
- An influencer by presenting sound rationale thoughts/ideas;
- Persuasive and ability to provide sound arguments in support of upside risk management
- Conflict Resolution: Ability to deal with confrontation and resolve conflict
- Self-Directed: Helps to be more effective with the volume of work and produce better quality of work by prioritizing work in a fast pace and high volume environment
If you believe that you have the required qualifications, experience, skills and competencies to fill in the above position, kindly send your detailed resume together with a cover letter clearly indicating the Ref number and your current remuneration to reach the undersigned by 21st June, 2016;
Head of Human Resources,
Credit Bank Limited,
P.O. Box 61064-00200,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Credit Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are welcomed from all suitably qualified Kenyan Nationals irrespective of age, gender, race or disability. All applications will be treated on merit basis through fair and open competition.