- Maintain a high quality loan portfolio;
- Build a strong credit team (currently 12 people) that constantly learn from mistakes made and hence makes good credit decisions;
- Ensure a smooth client journey (as far as the credit process is concerned);
- Improve credit policies to ensure high efficiency of the team.
- Plan the activities of the team on a daily basis;
- Support and supervise the team to achieve excellent execution;
- Groom junior management capacity;
- Analyse trends and individual defaults aiming to improve credit management;
- Report and suggest improvements to the Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate has over 7 years of highly successful work experience, of which at least 4 years in managerial roles in the field of credit, preferably in a commercial environment in East Africa.
- Mature and independent, without a big ego
- Challenging status quo – there is always a better way
- Not accepting mediocrity – stimulate people to perform, replace underperformers
- Focus on big things – no time for micro management
- “Just do it” approach – quickly fixes problems by doing good root cause analysis, solution finding and translating to implementation
- Trust is good, control is better – systematically checks compliance with plans and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization;
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses;
- Resilience under pressure. Flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change.
What to expect: Our client offers a dynamic role in a high potential for-profit business in a fast-growing and exciting market.
The company offers a competitive package consisting of a salary, a bonus scheme (from the 7th month) and medical insurance.
How to Apply
Candidates should be willing to relocated to Uganda
Interested and qualified candidates can send their applications to email@example.com stating their current and expected package
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Credit Manager – Uganda
Specific responsibilities include:
Specific activities include: