Summary: Our client is a current dairy processor based in Rift Valley and is looking to fill the role of Internal Auditor.
The Internal Auditor will be specifically responsible for:
- Analyzing the procedures, processes, and activities related to the efficient use of resources (human resource, raw material, financing, revenues and finished products).
- Ensuring the reliability and credibility of financial management through.
- Analysis and testing of the accounting system;
- Ensuring an effective payments system;
- Reviewing budget performance.
- Preparing an annual audit report for consideration by the management and directors.
- Strategic risk management initiatives.
- Timely and accurate reports.
- Confidentiality of information.
- Formulation and implementation of Internal Audit strategy and policies and ensure interpretation and clarity.
- Develop and implement audit strategies and work plans.
- Ensures timely preparation of reports, and communicates findings and recommendations to line and senior management.
- Reviewing of audit reports.
- Ensures that reviews are completed in compliance with the law.
- Conducting financial and operational audits.
- Advise the board and management on audit observations.
- Responsible for defining internal audit scope and approval timeframe.
- Responsible for counter reviewing performance.
- Preparing annual work plans and budgets for the department.
- Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with the policies, plans, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations.
- Reviewing operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations are being carried out as planned.
- Liaising with other departments in implementation of strategic plans.
- Advising on effective cost control measures, revenue collection systems and fraud prevention measures.
- Hold a University Degree in Auditing/Accounting/Financial Management or Equivalent
- Be in possession of CPA K / ACCA.
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors or other equivalent professional bodies
- Work Experience a minimum of 3yrs in auditing departments.
- Have excellent report writing skills.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a practical knowledge of computer systems, including internet navigation and various Accounting applications.
- Be a team player.
- Be a strategic thinker.
- Have sound leadership and management skills.
- Be self-driven and able to work within tight deadlines.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Internal Auditor
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only