Our client, Daraja Microfinance Bank is licensed by Central Bank of Kenya as a community Microfinance Bank covering Dagoretti Division.
Daraja’s target market is the Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs), their owners and employees with the underlying goal being to help both individuals and groups achieve their financial goals.
Daraja Bank targets to be a national Tier 1 MFB in Kenya by 2020
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this is a position responsible for providing leadership of OlDaraja Insurance Agency that’s fully owned by Daraja MFB. OlDaraja is the bancassurance arm of the bank.
- Develop the bancassurance strategy, policies, processes and procedures;
- Negotiate terms with underwriters;
- Source and secure new businesses, building and managing a customer portfolio;
- Train the bank’s staff and partners on marketing and selling the priority insurance products;
- Recruit and train a sales force;
- Work with the bank’s Head of digital banking to ensure insurance products are sold on the bank’s digital channels;
- Undertake market research in order to identify and recommend competitive products and services
- Ensure excellent and timely client services with regard to processing policies, claims and related transactions;
- Responsible for the overall operations of the business, including compliance with the relevant Law and regulations;
- Provide reports on the state of the business to senior management and the Board;
- Increasing profitability of existing product lines by encouraging clients to use added value services wherever possible
- Ensuring credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products;
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Degree in commerce – Finance / Banking / Insurance option
- Diploma in Insurance (AIIK or ACII)
- 5 years’ experience in the insurance industry with extensive knowledge of marketing
- Knowledge of the Insurance products and services and IRA regulations
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th July 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.