Job Title: Data Center Technician Engineer
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the buildings HVAC, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance, site surveys, replacement of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering specifications, project plans and other technical documents.
- Implements operation, installation and servicing of peripheral devices as per the Facilities Managers maintenance schedule for various services and components.
- Assists with equipment start-ups, repairs and overhauls.
- Prepares reports on facility performance.
- Oversees vendor facility maintenance.
- Perform emergency equipment repair.
- Offer Remote hand support to customers inclusive of facilitation to access the Data Center for any operations.
- 24×7 facility on-call responsibility.
- Any other duties as can be assigned.
- Strong electrical experience required
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering
- Experience working with building management systems.
- Licensed, or qualified for licensing in the HVAC or Electrical fields at the journeyman level.
- Knowledge of construction, HVAC, AC and DC power fundamentals.
- Ability to analyze and identify issues negatively impacting facility operations.
- Strong troubleshooting / decision making skills required.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work evening shift and provide on-call availability.
- Knowledge of data center critical infrastructure components preferred
Email cv to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23rd June 2016.
Indicate your current and expected salary.
Subject of the email should be DATA CENTRE TECHNICIAN / ENGINEER.