Our client, De La Rue is the world’s largest commercial banknote printer and passport manufacturer and is a trusted partner of governments, central banks and commercial organizations around the world.
They provide market leading printed banknotes, banknote substrates and security features, commercial sector cash processing solutions among others.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Front Line Manager – Facilities
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, this is a position responsible for maintaining all company assets (plant and machinery) to enable the products to be manufactured to customer requirements and in line with the corporate image.
The incumbent will also be responsible for planning and controlling of maintenance activities, supervising and allocating duties to engineering technicians.
- Observing and maintaining Environmental, Health & Safety Standards (EHS) according to the company policies
- Maintaining all machinery and plant and ensuring that adequate support is provided to production at all times
- Ensuring periodic testing of equipments is carried out by external/internal agencies to meet the insurance, safety, ISO or manufacturers requirements and reporting asset performance and trends to the relevant managers
- Co – ordinating work with contractors so that all work carried out on site is done in a safe and cost effective manner
- Controlling and implementing an effective preventive maintenance program and liaising with overseas locations and suppliers to obtain technical assistance or spares where necessary
- Monitoring working practices and ensuring that a clean and safe environment is maintained throughout the engineering department
- Ensuring recruitment of suitable staff to meet the agreed headcount of engineering department
- Maintaining high standards of staff discipline, foster harmonious relationship amongst team members and encourage team spirit
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree/ Higher National Diploma in Engineering from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 6 years work experience in a production environment; at least 3 years in a supervisory or management capacity
- ICT literate with special emphasis on design packages
- Knowledge of EHS management and 5S+S essential
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and problem solving skills
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 24th June 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.