The candidate’s role is to ensure effective and efficient coordination of all imports and export transactions
The Declaration Officer will report to the Managing Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracking shipments, updating customers on arrival information and ensuring correct shipping documentation
- Undertake all declaration procedures for imports and exports
- Application of IDFs
- Advice the management on correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing operations
- Bonds management and cancellation procedures
- Follow up correspondence between various statutory bodies and other parties including KRA, KBS, KPA, etc
- Obtain customs release for exports and truck border consignments
- Ensure correct use of Kenya Revenue Authority Tariffs
- Ensure that correct values are used during declaration and other related procedures to avoid losses that may accrue as a result of penalties.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with customs office
- Liaise with suppliers for timely shipments, follow up for documents to be received and goods cleared well in time to avoid late documentation charges, storage charges and demurrages.
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the position.
The accountability areas are as follows;
- Quality service
- Proper documentation
- Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding
- A Minimum of 1 years’ experience in the same capacity
- Highly conversant with KRA Simba system and Orgus
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders in the field.
- Good interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports & amp; exports knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Kenya, east and central Africa.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
How to apply
If you are interested in the position send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 28th June 2016 with the job title as your email subject.