Transition Initiatives for Stabilization Plus TIS+
Background: AECOM is implementing the Somalia Transition Initiatives for Stabilization Plus (TIS+) Program to promote good governance and community cohesion.
The objectives of this contract are to:
1) Increase confidence in governance based on equitable participation in decision making and management of community assets.
2) Empower community and government representatives to engage with private sector and development actors in a collaborative process for community growth.
3) Increase Somali engagement in creating a more stable future.
4) Support inclusive, sustainable development by reducing gender gaps in stabilization and development.
Deputy Chief of Party – Nairobi
The TIS+ Program requires sound leadership, strong program organizational management and excellent communication skills, as well as political and security analysis abilities.
The Deputy Chief of Party will work closely with and support the Chief of Party (COP) efforts to make key programming decisions and solve problems in short timeframes, while ensuring operational integrity.
Overall technical direction is provided by the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and supervised by the COP, with the DCOP responsible for the oversight of the Pool of In-kind Activities (PIKA) portfolio.
The Deputy Chief of party will be based in Nairobi and report to the Chief of Party (COP).
- Oversee the daily management, designing, analyzing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating of all PIKA.
- Provide annual work plans, strategic rationale for program geographic expansion, M&E for all PIKA awards, strategic communications, success stories and regular reporting (weekly, quarterly and annually) to USAID.
- Work closely with technical, engineering, operational and program development staff to ensure worthiness of all PIKA initiatives, adherence to USG rules and regulations,
- Ensure quality control for the TIS+ database and timely and secure information management and documentation in the program’s One-Source information management system.
- Must be flexible, pragmatic and able to think creatively to implement activities in a sustainable, responsive manner.
- Must be willing to travel to Somalia at least 25% of the time and carry out other tasks assigned by the COP, to ensure proper management of the contract.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience / Skills:
- At least five (5) years managing projects overseas of similar scale, scope, and technical focus, with at least one of those years in a fragile state context.
- Advanced degree (or a bachelor’s degree with an additional five (5) years’ experience managing projects overseas of similar scale, scope and technical focus) in peace-building, conflict management, social sciences, international development, international relations/affairs, business, management, political science, law or other related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with communities, civil society, local government representatives, and other stakeholders.
- Experience with the design and administration of in-kind grants under contract.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Sound leadership and program management skills.
- Work experience in Somalia with professional fluency in Somali language preferred.
Level of Effort: 1 year with possible extension
Interested and qualified applicants are required to submit their Cover Letter and CV to the email address email@example.com by 17th June, 2016. (Clearly state; Deputy Chief of Party Application – on the Subject Line).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.