EAGC has embarked on an exciting yet challenging expansion program which has created the following job opportunities in the region which we seek to fill the position of Regional Programs Coordinator
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Executive Director, and working as the effective Deputy, you will provide strategic direction in programme design, implementation and monitoring; provide technical and management support to program managers and country program managers across the region; assist in developing the M&E framework; and input into the Council’s communication and fundraising strategies.
- In consultation with the other senior management team members, develop the strategic plan for EAGC, providing the lead in the defining the strategic direction of programming for the Council.
- Work closely with the Executive Director in the implementation of the approved strategic planning, acting as the deputy when required, monitoring overall progress and providing recommendations for corrective action as necessary.
- Provide technical and management support to program managers and country program managers in the development and implementation of their programmes by cascading the strategic objectives, developing/adapting programming models and building their capacity as necessary to ensure effective implementation.
- Work with M & E team to develop/review and implement the monitoring and evaluation framework for the Council and ensure that it is effectively streamlined into the programmes thus facilitating performance monitoring, learning and knowledge management as well as effective reporting to the various stakeholders – internal or external.
- Working closely with the Executive Director, lead the advocacy work of the Council including effective networking, representation at technical working groups, the design of advocacy materials, technical briefs, etc.
- Support the Council’s financial sustainability efforts through the identification of sustainable income generating projects/services and technical inputs into the fundraising proposals.
- Maintain a risk matrix for programs and ensure mitigation measures are in place.
- Work with the Communications team in the development of the communication tools/materials that facilitate effective internal and external communication.
- Represent the Council in National, Regional and/or International forums as necessary to advance the Council’s objectives
- Masters degree and a degree in agriculture, agribusiness or related agricultural field.
- 15 years experience in the agribusiness/grain sector, 5 of which in senior level management.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- Demonstrable experience in regional programme management which includes programme design, proposal development, programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting to various stakeholders.
- People management experience in particular achieving results through teams in field offices.
- Have strong relationship management, project finance management and report writing; experience in donor reporting is essential.
- Business acumen
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
Send your application including a cover letter demonstrating why you are the most suited for this role, a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Friday 3rd June 2016
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.