Bible Translation & Literacy (EA)
Opportunity to Serve: Executive Chef
BTL, a Christian faith-based organisation, involved in Language Development, Bible Translation, Literacy and Community Development among minority languages of Kenya, is seeking to recruit a highly motivated born again Christian with a good Christian standing, demonstrated spiritual maturity, integrity, creativity, professionalism and a calling to serve to fill the above position in our Christian International Conference Center – Ruiru.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions, outside catering and other outlets.
Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes.
Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department.
Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Carry out menu engineering regularly that meet quality standards
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs and ensure controls
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met
- Ensures proper staffing and supervision for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability
- Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional work force.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- At least 3 year Diploma in culinary skills.
- Proven 3 year work experience as a head chef in a busy formal hospitality establishment
- Excellent record of kitchen management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Excellent Communication, Leadership and delegation skills
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their applications with detailed CV, copies of academic certificates and names, addresses and contacts (Telephone and email) of three referees (Professional, Social and Church) to the address below by Thursday July 7th 2016.
Human Resources Manager
Bible Translation and Literacy
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted