Job Vacancy: Social Media Specialist
Family Media is the pioneer Christian broadcaster in Kenya and the largest in East and Central Africa.
We are one of the fastest growing broadcasters on the continent broadcasting both TV and Radio.
Job Brief: We are looking for a driven Social Media Specialist to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and networks users.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages people to take action
- Create editorial calendars and schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (Radio, TV, Communication etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Proven working experience in social media or related field
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Fluency in English
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Be able to make solid judgments and decisions in a timely manner
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or in a related field
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and a copy of resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 22nd July 2016 with the job title “Social Media Specialist” as the email subject.