Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications and research company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations’ and individuals across East Africa.
Farsight is recruiting a senior research consultant with demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative methodologies to develop on commissioned research.
The consultant should have proven expertise in designing, leading, analyzing and reporting on rigorous short and long-term contracts and research studies.
You can demonstrate experience in using mixed methods in research and evaluation work.
He/she should work well and can maintain focus under time and resource constraints.
And also work well in collaboration with team colleagues.
- Develop high quality proposals, research protocols and collaborative work agendas
- Manage research assistants on specific assignments
- Lead on consultancy bids requiring specialist research skills
- Support quality assurance processes and project management on key assignments undertaken by other staff and associates, including client management, quality assurance and financial control
- Implement and deliver consultancy, research, policy, advocacy and other advisory projects
- Perform other reasonable duties in support of the organization as requested by the Managing Director.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years or more in depth knowledge of and experience of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Excellent command of English in written and oral expression, including writing clearly and concisely for different audiences (E)
Experience & Skills
- Experience of proposal development and writing, budget preparation and monitoring
- Excellent partner, client and team management skills
- Experience of applying social science research skills to research projects, evaluations and impact assessments, spanning at least 5 years, in areas of, international development, human rights, gender issues etc.
- Proven experience of designing, delivering and reporting on commissioned assignments.
- Worked in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task and work to deadline
- Willingness to travel as part of research assignments
- Working experience in hostile environment is an added advantage
How to Apply:
Send in your resumes with detailed portfolio on or before 26th June 2016 with the subject line REF: SENIOR RESEARCH CONSULTANT to email@example.com.
Only complete applications that arrive on time will be considered