FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for the below position.
Financial Report Writer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Requisition ID: 16636
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the Cognos (CER) development environment, which includes the following applications: Costpoint, Time and Expense, Gov Win, TM1 and ad-hoc data sources.
The report writer is responsible for the design, development, testing and a maintenance of complex corporate reports used to analyze financial data and other key metrics to meet the needs of the organization.
Other tasks may Include: monitoring daily jobs and running month end processes.
Work closely with all Information Solutions and Services (ISS) to ensure that all required data is readily available and accurate in the development framework.
Assist with testing and implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system upgrades and enhancements.
Minimum Requirements Standards:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive responsibility in financial data warehouse activities or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- IBM Cognos Report Studio training or experience required.
- Experience as Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL) and/or Oracle (PL/SQL) developer.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial data reporting and processes.
- The ability to produce timely, efficient, and high quality deliverables.
- The ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements and to efficiently acquire and utilize new skills in response to such change.
- Proven communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to build effective working relationships within department, and across line, functional, and geographic reporting lines.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Science or health-related field experience preferred.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to register online through FHI 360’s Career Center https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com, Key in the Job ID where the Job description will be availed.
Applications to be received not later than July 1, 2016.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.