Summary: Our client is looking to hire a Field Service & Support Manager
Field Service & Support
- Establish and maintain an effective strategy for Field Service & Support for the organization system in Kenya.
- Manage Field Service & Support staff to ensure that all corrective and preventative maintenance activities are planned and fulfilled in a timely and efficient manner, including the maintenance of an up-to-date Support & Maintenance plan.
- Ensure that all external and internal inquiries and requests made directly to Field Service & Support staff are quickly answered and promptly resolved / fulfilled.
- Ensure that external and internal SLAs and OLAs are met and that issues are escalated appropriately and resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintain records and logs of work performed by the team.
- Management of repair center tasks, including equipment testing and repair.
- Management of Field Service & Support staff work on assigned incidents, problems and change requests, including their participation in key deliverable reviews, acceptance testing, and deployment coordination.
- Management of new installations, including the planning and coordination of technical site visits and solution tailoring / customization for each line, generation of implementation guideline documents, equipment ordering, equipment delivery, equipment installation and operator training.
- Oversee the development of internal training materials and provision of training sessions for new and existing team members.
- Manage the Field Service & Support team human resources, including recruiting, new staff assimilation & training, objective setting, performance reviews, employee development & training planning, and workload / assignment management.
- Conduct Personnel Development Interviews (PDIs) with team members at least semi-annually, to set objectives, review results, provide feedback, and plan for staff development
- Schedule team members’ workload to fully cover weekly & monthly service & maintenance needs and to fully allocate all resources.
- Assign special tasks, projects, and initiatives to team members to fully utilize any downtime that they may have.
- Review and approve key deliverables that are generated by team members.
- Manage team member absences in the HRM Tool and ensure that vacation balances are planned to be fully used and that their timing does not obstruct our business activities
- Develop and maintain a positive, cooperative, and productive working relationship between the Field Service & Support team and other internal and external teams.
- Work with the Service Centre Team and QHSSE Coordinator to define effective performance measures for Field Service & Support, implement systems to gather these measures efficiently, and monitor the resulting data regularly as a basis for service & support management and continuous improvement.
- Weekly status reporting and general project implementation status reports, as scheduled with or requested by the General Manager
- Ensure that all company policies, including those concerning Health, Safety and Environmental protection, are respected, and implement or propose improvements in such practices.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of policies, processes and procedures for organization, including those for operations, maintenance, and support
- Management of special tasks, projects or initiatives to improve quality, efficiency, or cost effectiveness of the solution or the local entity team, as agreed with the General Manager
- Participate in general management and administrative tasks for the Local Entity, as requested by the General Manager.
- Contribute to the successful execution of commercial activities in Kenya and the East Africa region, as requested by the General Manager
- Act as a single point of contact for field service & support operations topics for GSS Operations colleagues globally.
Basic education and training:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant work experience. Master’s degree in engineering or a relevant technical discipline would be a strong plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing teams responsible for installing, maintaining and servicing automated systems / equipment in industrial environments.
- Direct experience in the tobacco or beverage industries is a strong plus.
- Experience working in an international company with virtual / distributed teams is a strong plus.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to diagnose and analyze mechanical, electrical, and software issues
- Experienced with quality and performance monitoring processes
- Experienced in spare parts and consumables inventory control
- Strong customer relationship management skills, especially with customers in industrial manufacturing operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good influencing skills. Good political finesse in facing very demanding customers. Diplomatic when necessary
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Results oriented and goal-driven with strong quality focus
- Team oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ownership of responsibilities
- Customer oriented attitude
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Field Service & Support Manager