Key activities & responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain accurate, timely financial records for the organization in accordance with standard accounting procedures
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial policies, procedures and control mechanisms
- Ensure all statutory remittance and reporting requirements of the organization are met
- Prepare all necessary information for annual returns and audits
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management and control
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Manage cash flow and prepare in advance for cash flow needs
- Oversee bookkeeping and payroll functions
- Track and account for assets
- Open and close the office at agreed times
- Keeping track record and filing for account and customers wise
- Meeting and Travel scheduling, booking travel and handling of general correspondence
- Oversee administrative functions including provision of necessary equipment and material for the work environment, leases, contracts, asset registry, key registry.
- Bachelor Degree (Finance, Accounting, Commerce)
- CPA-K professional certification (Level 2 minimum)
- 2-5 years professional experience in similar or relevant roles (finance-administration posts of supervisory & managerial levels), including at least one post at the level of Finance-Admin Manager
- Advanced Microsoft Office software skills, especially Excel
- Advanced skills in standard bookkeeping/accounting software(s), Must include QuickBooks
- Strong communication ability both written and verbal, able to train others
- Able to supervise a team, follow up on delegated tasks
Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2260”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2260, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 17th June 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.