Our client is now in search of a Financial Accounting Manager.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Financial Accountant’s key focus areas are as follows:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Meet financial accounting objectives.
- Coordinate and complete both internal and external audits.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports that are in line with IFRS and IAS.
- Financial planning, forecasting and modelling.
- People Management and Development.
Financial management and control
- Planning, monitoring and controlling the company’s cash flow and ensuring that proper liaison is maintained with the suppliers.
- Ensuring that the financial controls (including accounts procedures) remain appropriate, and that they are properly applied.
- Preparing financial and other information for presentation to the board in compliance with statutory and other requirements.
- Implementing a ‘no surprises’ financial management and controls function.
- Ensuring compliance with tax and other statutory matters.
- Measuring the company’s financial commitments, and linking them into cash flow planning.
- Developing an accurate short, medium and long term financial forecasting framework.
- Analysis and interpretation of financial statements.
- Meeting with local external auditors to review issues arising from audit work, audit effectiveness, and management letter comments.
- Motivating staff by exercising sound management and leadership skills and principles.
- Strong focus on people development and continuously developing potential of staff through training.
- Appraising and counseling staff on performance related issues to ensure productivity and retention of human capital.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or finance. An MBA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in finance with at least two years’ experience in high level financial reporting and analysis.
- A qualified accountant with CPA or ACCA professional qualifications.
- Solid knowledge and experience in tax, reporting, compliance, treasury, and trade finance.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and application of IFRS and IAS in the development of financial statements.
- Experience in the development and deployment of annual budgets, latest estimates and financial planning.
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written).
- Strong business acumen
- Strong problem solving skills and a proactive innovative approach to work
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Good planning and organisational skills
- A high level of integrity and reliability
- Good coaching and mentoring skills
- An energetic individual with initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to understand different operating businesses and dynamic working environments
- A team player with attention to detail and follow up
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure
The job title “Financial Accounting Manager” should be clearly indicated as the email reference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted