Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Profile Introduction: Our client, one of the largest chains of Hotels and Lodges in East Africa, seeks to recruit a self-driven individual to fill the position of Food and Beverage Manager.
The successful candidate will be tasked with Forecasting, Planning and Managing all Food and Beverage orders, staff and finance with the goal to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
The successful candidates will have the following primary responsibilities;
- Ensuring that Food and Beverage cost percentage figures for all outlets and department are maintained at acceptable standards;
- Ensuring efficient and profitable operations of the outlets in liaison with the Outlet Managers;
- Ensure that all regulations and hotel policies pertaining to the operations are adhered to and that standards are maintained;
- Make sure that all service areas are kept clean and tidy at all times;
- Interviewing Food and Beverage candidates for recruitment and placement in the department in liaison with the Human resources Manager;
- Assist in the identification and implementation of staff training programs to ensure the company’s operating standards are achieved;
- Marketing and
- Marketing and promotion of Food and Beverage products in liaison with the Marketing Manager;
- Strong Financial Acumen;
- Leadership & People Development skills;
- Customer Focus;
- Communication Skills;
- Operational Excellence.
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management, Culinary Arts or related field from a recognized Institution;
- Must be computer literate with proficient use of Micros, MC, Fidelio and Opera;
- At least 6 years’ experience in Food and Beverage service (preferably in a luxury hotel) with a managerial experience of not less than 3 years;
- Highly conversant with HACCP regulations as well as safety policies;
- Knowledge in budgeting, forecasting and management of costs;
- Be conversant with advanced principles of food and beverage management, revenue management and cost control.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply through www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php before 5PM, Friday 1st July 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.