Job Title: General Manager (Lagos)
Company Profile: Our client is a fast growing company in the food industry
Job Profile / Purpose: The general manager will be responsible for leading all the team members in the efficient and profitable operation of the company.
He/ She will be responsible for managing the day-to-day general operations, maintaining high standards, conditions and fostering a positive environment in ensuring a total quality experience for both customers and team members.
- Develops and executes sales and profit plans that are in-line with budgetary goals.
- Ensure and is accountable for profitability of the company by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, labour, supplies and expenses.
- Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly and annual financial reporting tools.
- Ensures proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labour costs.
- Overseas all cash and media management functions .Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with the corporate office as necessary.
- Maintains proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
- Plans, executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
- Identifies staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training needs of qualified candidates. Facilitates on-going training and development of current staff.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents. Documents accidents, conducts initial investigation and determination of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment. Conducts monthly safety meetings ensuring team member compliance in all safety initiative.
- Will be the Role Model for outstanding service and “Owner “of the service initiate at his/her store.
- Pro-active in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
- Ensuring that all team members are committed to and demonstrate our guiding principles and House Rules.
- Ensuring all team members provide customer with efficient and friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
- Consistently monitors, coaches and encourage team members to meet the company’s service standards.
- Assesses and provide adequate staffing to provide efficient and friendly, superior service.
- Maintains high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise and equipment.
- Ensure that all company drink recipes and procedures are fallowed, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
- Ensures that all company food offerings maintain the highest quality.
- Ensures that all team members are educated on company products and services
- Tastes drink and food products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
Training and development:
- Provides ongoing training and development to all team members in the areas of operating standards, customer service and product knowledge
- Builds morale and team spirit by fostering a work environment where team members input is encouraged and valued.
- Ensuring each team member has received proper training to perform as a barista or shift supervisor efficiently.
- Continually develops team members, establishing specific performance objectives, and measuring team members performance regularly
- Coaches and counsels team members for improved performance, documenting developmental plans as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Must relish the challenge of meeting business targets.
- Strive for excellent methods and results always.
- Be Passionate about the company brand and customers
- Well organized, detailed – oriented, people skills and able to multi- task.
- Must have effective problem solving /decision making abilities.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekend’s evenings and special events as needed.
- Enjoy nurturing a team and supporting their career development.
- Act with honesty and integrity at all times.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Regularly required to handle food, hot beverages and work with sharp objects.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- University or polytechnic education preferred
- 3 years retail management experience required.
- Computer proficient; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If interested, send in your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job position on the Job title.