Job Title: School Head Teacher
Section: Fountain Schools
Job Category: Managerial
Reports To: Divisional Head
Job Serial / Code No. 054
Location / Branch: Kiambu
Main Purpose of the Job (Job Summary): The position is responsible for serving as the chief administrator of the school in developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities, and budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member
- Leading in the design and implementation of the school strategies, policies and procedures to ensure delivery of business objectives
- Driving regional growth initiatives and opening up new market frontiers
- Conceptualizes the broad goals of the school and plans accordingly to ensure that procedures and schedules are implemented to carry out the total school program.
- Ensures that the school program is compatible with the legal, financial and organizational structure of the school system.
- The principal defines the responsibilities and accountability of staff members and develops plans for interpreting the school program to the community.
- Enhancement of Personnel Skills: provides activities which facilitate the professional growth of the school staff and enhance the quality of the instructional program.
- Identifies the annual objectives for the instructional and extracurricular programs of the school.
- Ensures that instructional objectives for a given subject and/or classroom are developed, and involves the faculty and others in the development of specific curricular objectives to meet the needs of the school program.
- Provide opportunities for staff participation in the school program
- Establishes Formal Work Relationships: evaluates student progress in the instructional program by means that include the maintaining of up-to-date student data.
- Supervision and appraisal of the performance of the school staff.
- Facilitates Organizational Efficiency: maintains inter-school system communication and seeks assistance from central office staff to improve performance.
- The principal maintains good relationships with students, staff, and parents.
- The principal complies with established lines of authority.
- Orients and assists new staff and new students and provides opportunities for their input in the school program.
- Encourages the use of community resources, cooperates with the community in the use of school facilities, interprets the school program for the community, and maintains communication with community members.
- Manages, directs, and maintains records on the materials, supplies and equipment which are necessary to carry out the daily school routine. The principal involves the staff in determining priorities for instructional purposes.
- Leading and managing operations related company communication
- Talent management including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in management
- Managing and Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture
Key Deliverables of this position
- Financial sustainability and viability of the school
- Brand awareness & reputation
- Shareholder investment value
- Quality service delivery
- Strong external relationships and partnerships
- All staff
- Clients, Regulators, Administrators, Government, Media
- Other stakeholders
- Bachelors’ Degree in education, P1 training enrolled for a degree.
Job / Functional Skills
- Leadership skills
- Business Strategy Formulation
- Business Planning and implementation
- People management
- Project management
- Change management
- Business process design and management
- Client relations
- Conflict resolution
- Analytical skills
- Application and exploitation of IT
- Investment discipline
- Operational excellence & Cost consciousness
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as a head teacher, deputy head teacher or senior teacher
All interested and qualified candidates to send their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before close of business on Friday 17th June, 2016 indicating their current/most recent and expected salary