- Overall responsibility for day-to-day running of the business ensuring both long term sustainability and profitability and achieving the company’s financial and non-financial goal
- Provide leadership and direction and co-ordinate all activities of the company in accordance with the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Safeguard and grow the assets of the organization while providing sound returns to the shareholders
- Advising and informing the Board and interfacing between Board and staff.
- Overseeing design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of services and after sales support.
- Taking a proactive role in the formulation of future strategic objectives and bringing them to the Board for input, discussion and decision.
- Ensuring that all financial and non financial reporting requirements are met on a timely and regular basis.
- Ensuring that the day to day operations of the company are effectively and efficiently co-ordinated and implemented and conducted within the framework agreed to by the Board.
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of equitable personnel policies with the overall responsibility for protecting the interest and welfare of employees and establishment of suitable communication lines with them.
- Direct and determine staff promotions, demotions, dismissals and other actions as needed in consultation with the Board.
- Recommendation of remuneration changes for staff to the Board for approval.
- Ensure the recruitment of appropriately skilled staff to positions, and establishing appropriate remuneration levels and performance based management within the framework agreed by the Board.
- Preparation of annual budget for Board approval and prudent management of the organization’s resources within those budget guidelines.
- Ensuring the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring consistent& acceptable returns to the shareholders.
- Strong leadership skills
- Well proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Strong commitment to organizational excellence.
- Highly developed sense of responsibility.
Academic qualification: Degree
We invite qualified candidates to email a cover letter and resume with job title as subject on email and stating current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd June 2016.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Job Title: General Manager
Reports to: Board Of Directors
Manages: Directly – Heads of Departments