About us: GrowthAfrica is the continent’s leading impact accelerator and we are looking for new talent to join our quest to grow the continent’s promising startups and impact enterprises into prosperous and successful members of our societies, creating much needed job opportunities, economic wealth and social transformation.
Through access to capital, markets, technology or knowhow we have since 2002 supported over 1,700 businesses flourish.
Headquartered in Nairobi, we currently run projects across the region. You will join a youthful, international and ambitious team. We are now 15 and growing.
About the role: We are looking for a Finance & Administration Manager to drive the finance area in a strategic and proactive way.
- Create detailed revenue and expense budgets, constantly championing use of available resources in a way that creates maximum value and output
- Take a financial modelling approach to our spending budget: Collect and qualify input data from all team members; use historic data and monitor trends to take informed decisions; and “negotiate” with internal stakeholders to build the best budget supporting our strategy.
- Spearhead monthly and periodic financial management reporting
- Monthly and quarterly cash-flow forecasting.
- Provide feedback to management on all decisions involving money
- Structure our accounting in an optimal way, both from a reporting (internal and donor reports) and tax perspective.
- Fill in for the accountant in case of absence (book keeping, filing statutory payments, compliance
- This includes the treasury function: Investing idle revenues
- Work with team to maximize revenues from business assets.
- Champion and manage revenue generating activities (as far as they are in line with our overall business objective, e.g. renting out our meeting rooms to relevant partners). as well as propose new revenue channels to management
- Join the fundraising committee (made up of internal and external experts)
- Create budgets feeding into funding proposals we submit.
- Participate in driving company culture internally
- Be involved in managerial activities, like performance appraisals, feedback sessions, and strategic meetings.
- Support our programmes, events and activities whenever required
- You are 5-10 years into your career
- You have held a variety of roles in finance, leading to a good understanding of budgeting, cashflow forecasting and management, tax, accounting, audit, management finance
- You understand corporate structures involving legal entities across different African countries
- You have good team management experience and have held senior positions to deal with a variety of people and issues.
- You have a business mind set: prudent with spending and creative with revenue generation
- You understand the financial aspects of a non-profit organization (e.g. managing the tax side of grants)
- You confidently and effectively express your point of view towards management
- You empathize and understand the views of others
- You have experience working across cultures
- You think of social issues and innovative approaches
- You are passionate about seeing Africa’s growth through business
- You feel comfortable working in fast growing environments and flexible to adapt to changes
- You are willing to work when and where the work needs doing (this occasionally includes weekends)
- You are business-minded and street-savvy
- Purpose-driven organization and role
- Get exposed to startup’s realities. You will walk in the shoes of the entrepreneurs. Their success is our success
- Our international team is highly committed
- You get to work with the investment community across Africa
- We offer a good base salary with performance-based incentives
Want to apply?