Head of Programming
Main Purpose of the Job
Main Purpose of the Job
Senior television sports executive reporting to the Head of Sport with experience in the programming of sports channels.
Must have a comprehensive knowledge of:-
- The sports rights commercial world,
- The television industry,
- The way different demographics in our different territories consume their sports television,
- The development of digital distribution and the exploitation of social media;
- Plus have good relationships with key rights holders and finally be a good leader of people.
Key Result Areas of This Role
- Identifying programming opportunities that will enhance the content and appeal of the channels
- Reporting to the Head of Sport including working within and updating the business plan as required.
- The acquisition of international programming
- Representing Sports to rights holders and leading the company’s acquisition efforts, both internationally and within Africa.
- Creating concepts for successful in-house programming
- Identifying and acquiring rights to pan-African sports events
- Where possible and appropriate, creating original events in which company holds the equity.
- Overseeing the scheduling of the channels including the integration of promotions, interstitials and advertising.
- Assisting the Adsales head in presenting sponsorship opportunities to agencies and companies
- Working closely with Marketing to ensure a unified marketing of the channels across all promotional platforms.
- Overseeing the creation and scheduling of channel promos.
- To define annual and long term budgets which reflect the business’ P&L.
- To negotiate properties in line with the budget and to manage the internal approval process.
- To define the channels strategy and development as well as editorial content including social media and promotional activities.
- Work closely with the legal team for contracts reviews, contracts drafting and content proposals.
- Approve payments to suppliers in accordance with contracts and relevant payment schedules.
- Establish effective workflow structures with the transmission and satellite booking teams.
Post School Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies
Experience and Skills
- 10 years production experience in the media industry
- Worldwide knowledge of the TV industry/developments is an advantage.
- Organised and thorough with keeping documentation up to date.
Email CV to email@example.com copy firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th June 2016 include current and expected salary. Subject: HEAD OF PROGRAMMING