Number of Positions Open: 1
Location: Western Kenya
Job Summary: Provide management and strategic leadership in all the operations of the Hospital in order to ensure sustainability, growth and profitability in line with the vision and mission of the Hospital.
- Provide support and guidance to the management team in order to achieve the objectives of the Hospital
- Give guidance to the management team in strategic planning in their departments/ sections to enhance achievement of the department’s objectives/Key result areas.
- Proactively explore and coordinate strategic partnerships
- Maintains and ensures safe custody of the Hospital’s seal and assets
- Advocacy and representation of the Hospital to the Ministries of Public Health and Medical services; professional bodies and international agencies.
- Corporate image enhancement, communication and networking, internal, national and internationally
- Provide transformative leadership development and implementation of appropriate strategies of the Hospital
- Leads the Hospital in reforms aimed at transforming the Hospital into self-sustenance and growth.
- Proactively leads in periodical reviews of all policies and standard operating procedures of the Hospital
- Initiate marketing and communication strategies that target the community and corporate entities
- Periodically ensure review of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with best practice and statutory requirements.
- Communicate and brief Board members on a regular basis on policy issues and act as secretary to the board during board meetings
- Oversee the performance of all employees through a robust performance management system that recognizes and rewards performance.
- Carry out performance evaluations on a biannual or annual basis in order to ensure achievement of set objectives and standards.
- Carry out any other duties as discussed and agreed with the board.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Administration and MPH.
- An MBA is absolutely essential
- At least 5 years in a senior management position or as Head of Department,
- Previous working experience at CEO level is an advantage
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, self-motivated; willingness to take risks, high level of integrity.
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with prudent decision ability
- Excellent leadership skills and must be a team player
- High level of diplomacy and negotiation skills.
Problems / Key Features:
- Dealing with the union on matters of wages and employees welfare.
- Management of the overall Human Resources.
- Dealing with debtors who have no regular income or have not joined National Hospital Insurance Fund.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by sending your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.